PDA

View Full Version : “Run with one training sessions”

TomAce
8th August 2007, 02:24 AM
“Run with one training sessions”

Air start with 10 mile separation with bases close to each other, at the end of the engagement pilots if still alive need to land.
1 v 1 with 1 x short range heater each and a very limited amount of fuel say 10-15%, generally no guns will be employed but that’s up to the guys on the hop.

This would be a lot of fun to watch and will also get a group together for a training session / discussion on our current skill set WVR which as I see it, is mostly an individual thing at this point in time unlike our well practiced BVR SOP’s that use co-ordinated team work.

Further on we can expand this idea to include 2 v 1 and 2 v 2 and so on keeping the above idea in mind it will set the stage for some great coverage of the “Free & Engaged Fighter” tactics as touched on in the latter Syllabus lessons. Having a single heater each and limited fuel will really bring the need for team work into play. A group can get together all watching on externals while pilots rotate throughout the group with everyone involved in discussing pros and cons of our WVR team work, all learning, all having fun, while improving on a fairly weak part of this squadrons capability.

Comments?

Grimes
8th August 2007, 07:50 AM
This would be a very welcome addition to our training syllabus. My WVR and a2a guns skills arn't the best.

Will this start out as like vs like a/c and then start to change it up? Obviously the Mig and the Su33 aren't very similar in terms of performance.

TomAce
8th August 2007, 10:55 AM
Yeah that's what I was thinking, getting the theory and brevity down on Like vs Like then move on to how you combat the 73 when your in a 15 for example. We can work it anyway that we need.

159th_Jojo
8th August 2007, 11:01 AM
If you guys need some human opfor let me know I need some practise?