PDA

View Full Version : Longer range missions!

44th Eagle
24th August 2007, 07:33 PM
I haven't been involved in Lockon for a while now but I hooked up with 44th WillyP the other night and we hopped on the 3rd server and I was pleasantly pleased with the longer range mission. The blue flow out of the Caucasus and need to push west to nav1 which was south of Crimea were red was stationed. Makes the sorties much more realistic, with fuel always on flight leads mind.

Myself and the rest of the 44th are all for even longer range missions but obviously air quakers are not...leaving only hardcore realist flying longer range missions. By the time you get on station you start to value you air frame a lot more thus you try a little harder not to get splashed. The one thing I would like to suggest is more time allowance on longer missions...I think that mission was 120min?

The 44ths goal is to alway recover all airframes.

Thanks

ruggbutt
24th August 2007, 07:48 PM
I've got the missions set for 2 1/2 hours, I can bump that up to 3 if you like. ;)

Cali
24th August 2007, 09:03 PM
I think 3 hours would be a good time and yes the longetr flight times are nice.

S77th-Highway
25th August 2007, 01:47 AM
Nice, Idea... Something a lot of Hog pilots are used to already because of how slow we usually are ;)

Noti and I quite often fly for over 30 minutes to get to one of the RED airfields on the maps that we're allowed to :spiteful:

Sven
25th August 2007, 03:36 AM
Cheers Eagle, we'd really like to see more of you guys online, especially in Red Flag! Thanks for stopping by!

ruggbutt
25th August 2007, 06:47 AM
Missions are set for 3 hours now. I try to make the distances shorter for the ground pounders, cuz they're slower.

S77th-Highway
25th August 2007, 11:45 AM
Rugg, seriously... Noti and I have no objections to spending 20 minutes en-route to target as long as I won't always have to traverse fighter patrol areas to get to the targets (unless I've got some mountains to hide in ;) )

Although I appreciate that you have to cater for the other flyers...

ruggbutt
25th August 2007, 06:48 PM
I think that most of the flight times for the ground pounders are 20 minutes. I try to make them about the range of the Su25T/full fuel with enuf loiter time to drop weapons.