PDA

View Full Version : TuAF A2G server

(504)Goon
1st October 2007, 07:38 PM
I'm sending this information to all of the LO squadrons i can find.

The TuAF has set up 2 servers in HL, both for A2A and A2G. For some reason, they are running one of the missions made by a 504th member which were used on our old A2G server. The TuAF has not asked us any permission to do this, nor have they credited us for the mission, but instead, they claim this to be one of their own. We have contacted them, but they still continue to use the mission wihtout our permission.

I do not want to start flaming or any squadwars by this post, i just want to let the community know what is happening around. For me personally, this kind of behaviour is very wrong, and i'm fairly confident that anyone who has created any missions with LO, will agree to me that just stealing a mission and not even crediting the original maker is not ok.

Best regards,
Goon
VVS 504th Red Hammers

Cali
1st October 2007, 08:07 PM
Thanks for giving us a heads-up on the matter and I understand where your coming from. They should have asked you (504) if they could use the mission and given you credit.

ruggbutt
1st October 2007, 09:08 PM
Anyone that's spent more than a couple of minutes gaming on the net knows that proper procedure is to request permission from the creator. I'm w/you on this Goon, not cool.

(504)Goon
1st October 2007, 09:42 PM
Thanks, guys.
I really don't know if there is anything that i can do, other than to let the community know about the issue. We did some PM exhange with the TuAF, but it didn't lead nowhere.

After a pm included with this pic:
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee29/JJarneborn/TuAF.jpg

the response was this: Goon yes I can see that there is similarities, but it does it mean that its your mission. Btw your server doesn't works months and nobody gave it us from your team or squad. The thing is there can be copy missions but no copy files. If somebody is copying your missions it means you should be proud with it.

lame. :(

Grimes
1st October 2007, 10:27 PM
look at the bright side, it will be the only mission on that server with an real briefing.

But yeah, its not too cool to put up someones mission and not even ask.

(504)Goon
1st October 2007, 10:37 PM
If only..:D They removed the briefing part..

look at the bright side, it will be the only mission on that server with an real briefing.

Cali
2nd October 2007, 12:11 AM
Yep that looks like the same exact mission, there is no way getting around that. You can't even say that they are similar when they are a spittin image of each other.

S77th-Highway
2nd October 2007, 08:30 AM
It sucks, but hey, on the brighter side, at least your mission get's played, and it is worthy of peoples time in HL...

The community needs quality and lots of bridges built (admitedly they're not trying to here). The last few months seem to have been a real turn around for our community and people are begining to let the past go it seems.

Why don't you send them your mission with the breifing and credits and offer it as an alternative? ;)