PDA

View Full Version : MK-82 Snake Eyes

S77th-Highway
15th October 2007, 03:33 AM
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a straight to the point answer from you all regarding the Snake Eyes mod that I'm making...

The mod involves a model swap of the PB-250 and adds it to the A-10A as a usable weapon. The bomb will behave just like the PB-250 in this case, and will be retarded as it falls.

The problem is that it is a Russian weapon on a US plane. Would you allow this on your server?

I've made a disclaimer for the image when you're loading up to say that it is not allowed on public servers, but I want to guage your opinion.

The result will be, if admins are happy to allow it, we will include it in the A-10 that Yeniceri is making, if not, we will release it seperately.

Grimes
15th October 2007, 04:54 AM
Heres my thinking on this...

If it does the same relative damage as the standard Mk. 82 and gives no advantage to you for using the PB-250 over the regular bomb it should be fine.

As far as I know we allow certain loped loadouts. These include R-77 on outer pylons and Shepskis mod for A-10s and the TERS on the Su27 and 33. But other than that I don't think anything else is allowed at this point.

I suppose we should make an official policy regarding specific loadouts. I have seen a few loadouts that are questionable.

Kuky
15th October 2007, 05:48 AM
I'm thinking the same... I guess if the PB-250 is similar kind of weapon (in usage and warhead) I guess I wouldn't have any objections. I do wonder though that if you do replace the model of PB-250 with SnakeEye and add it to US side, wouln't that make PB-250 no longer usable for the russian side?

S77th-Highway
16th October 2007, 10:54 AM
I'm thinking the same... I guess if the PB-250 is similar kind of weapon (in usage and warhead) I guess I wouldn't have any objections. I do wonder though that if you do replace the model of PB-250 with SnakeEye and add it to US side, wouln't that make PB-250 no longer usable for the russian side?

There are currently 2 choices...

1, Replace the PB-250 with the MK-82 Snake Eye only.
- This will mean that the A-10 will have it added as a weapon, but SU-25's can still use it, although it would look like a Snake Eye...

2, Replace the PB-250 with the Snake Eye, and remove it from the Russian aresenal...

Kuky
16th October 2007, 10:59 AM
I'd go for option 2 but I don't really think it's a good idea to have it on server because some people will have it where as others won't

ruggbutt
16th October 2007, 06:04 PM
It'll still read as a PB250 in the after action report.

Grimes
16th October 2007, 07:08 PM
Is there any tactical benefit to slowing the bomb down as it falls?

Or is this mod just for looks?

ruggbutt
16th October 2007, 08:01 PM
You can release straight and level at low altitudes.