PDA

View Full Version : Bloody hell!!! (both funny and sad)

Kuky
27th November 2007, 12:28 PM
Nooooooooooooooooo! I don't believe this!!! :confused:

I was in server doing A2G... picking on TOR's and M2's etc and wanting to clear Kirovskoye base to be able to land I engage TOR north/east of the base by firing Kh-58 (I was only about 5-10m of the ground) and the damn thing hit the ground right on launch of course exploded and killing me :mad:

Fuck! I get TK and -4 points for kiling myself! How absurd... I feel so shit :sad:

I can't get over it now... I'm going crazy... :shok:

Mugatu
27th November 2007, 01:16 PM
I think it's your lucky day, it shouldn't count self kills due to a couple of bugs in the mplog. I'll have a look at it as I can't see your team kill in your own stats, just on the summary page.

Mug.

Nooooooooooooooooo! I don't believe this!!! :confused:

I was in server doing A2G... picking on TOR's and M2's etc and wanting to clear Kirovskoye base to be able to land I engage TOR north/east of the base by firing Kh-58 (I was only about 5-10m of the ground) and the damn thing hit the ground right on launch of course exploded and killing me :mad:

Fuck! I get TK and -4 points for kiling myself! How absurd... I feel so shit :sad:

I can't get over it now... I'm going crazy... :shok:

Kuky
27th November 2007, 01:25 PM
basically I killed myself with a Kh-58 :lol: I feel bit better now and I think I am like master of doing silly stuff in LockOn :wink: (like RTB the wrong way or... taking off with no weapons... or taking off and forgetting to close refuel switch... of flying for some 5min with gear still down.... alright that's enough of embaresment for one day I think) Maybe it doesn't show in personal/detailed stats because it's not A2A kill and also it's not A2G kill but negative 4 points are being counted.

Cali
27th November 2007, 08:44 PM
Last night I had 16 A2G kills and it only counted 14, but no worries. I do remember last night Kuky was heading back to Taupse about to kill some ground targets and he said he forget to rearm :tongue:.

Grimes
27th November 2007, 09:45 PM
Well at least its good to know that firing a KH-58 at that altitude will not work. You might have been able to get away with a 25 MPU shot, since I'm pretty sure that just launches forward off the rail.

ruggbutt
27th November 2007, 10:13 PM
If you'd have read the AAR's (After Action Reports) that I posted on ED's forums a while back, you'd know that the 58 needs some altitude. This is how far it drops before it fires. ;)

http://iplaster.net/rugg/LOMAC_SEAD011.jpg

Fudd
28th November 2007, 12:07 AM
I once shot Mustang down with a KH-58 True story lol

Mustang
28th November 2007, 02:11 AM
Yeah i remember that! the ship strike in the 169th server, many moons ago.

Mugatu
28th November 2007, 08:47 AM
fixed my lil kuky :) there was a little bug as it shouldn't be counted as a TK.

I've just made the lua changes to start counting ejects and crashes as well -1 point for each. So next time you kill yourself it will be -1 :) Web page updates to follow soon.

Can someone restart the server when it's empty, 8 players at the moment.

Kuky
28th November 2007, 09:25 AM
fixed my lil kuky :) there was a little bug as it shouldn't be counted as a TK.
That's a very nice thank you! :)

I've just made the lua changes to start counting ejects and crashes as well -1 point for each. So next time you kill yourself it will be -1 :)

wow... that is gonna be really good stats now.... much more realistic. One question though, actually two:

What if you want to change loadout and have to quit... will that count as -1 point?

Will it be same if you a) get hit and die; and b) get hit and eject and survive?

Mugatu
28th November 2007, 11:59 AM
1 no, mission exits won't be counted as a crash. for every exit event in the mplog there is one crash even (ill subtract crashes exits from crashes).

2 yes, you can't tell from the mplog events if you survive or not. It basically gives you an eject event followed by a crash event when the plane blows up.

woops lomac needs another restart, missed an "end" in the lua file

That's a very nice thank you! :)

wow... that is gonna be really good stats now.... much more realistic. One question though, actually two:

What if you want to change loadout and have to quit... will that count as -1 point?

Will it be same if you a) get hit and die; and b) get hit and eject and survive?

Kuky
28th November 2007, 12:46 PM
I think stats don't work again... none of the kills I got, or was shot down, today do not show.

Cali
28th November 2007, 05:28 PM
Yea the stats are going to look more realistic now. Does everyone still like the stats with the dates or the way it was before. I see some people's stats like Kuky's A2G is getting quite long. The other way showed up better I think.

Instead of a list:
Su-25TM-29A417202007-10-20 15:48:25
Su-25TM-29A417202007-10-20 15:46:25
Su-25TM-29A417202007-10-20 15:44:25
Su-25TM-29A417202007-10-20 15:43:25
Su-25TM-29A417202007-10-20 15:40:25
Su-25TM-29A417202007-10-20 15:39:25
Su-25TM-29A417202007-10-20 15:38:25

It would show like this
Su-25T killed M-2 7 times
Su-25T killed Tor 9A331 9 times.

Just wondering if everyone thought

Mugatu
29th November 2007, 05:18 AM
Yes I like the grouping of events better, what I can try to do is show the date of the last event in the group. That way you'll know your stats are being recored.

Also do you what to see personal stats for the month or just continue to show the lot when you click on a pilots name from the monthly pages?

Yea the stats are going to look more realistic now. Does everyone still like the stats with the dates or the way it was before. I see some people's stats like Kuky's A2G is getting quite long. The other way showed up better I think.

Instead of a list:
Su-25TM-29A417202007-10-20 15:48:25
Su-25TM-29A417202007-10-20 15:46:25
Su-25TM-29A417202007-10-20 15:44:25
Su-25TM-29A417202007-10-20 15:43:25
Su-25TM-29A417202007-10-20 15:40:25
Su-25TM-29A417202007-10-20 15:39:25
Su-25TM-29A417202007-10-20 15:38:25

It would show like this
Su-25T killed M-2 7 times
Su-25T killed Tor 9A331 9 times.

Just wondering if everyone thought

Cali
29th November 2007, 07:35 AM
Yes I like the grouping of events better, what I can try to do is show the date of the last event in the group. That way you'll know your stats are being recored.

Also do you what to see personal stats for the month or just continue to show the lot when you click on a pilots name from the monthly pages?

I like the grouping together also makes the stats not has long and better to read I think. I like how you added the ejection kills and crashes/SAM hits. That is going to make the stats much better. Maybe every so many months we can restart the stats and have a quarterly winner in a few categories like A2A, A2G kills and kill percent.

Kuky
29th November 2007, 09:06 AM
yeah I agree too at least some sort of sorting is neccessary, at least for A2G. How about we have 2 parts of log, one showing detailed log of each kill just for the last day... and second as total kills, sort of as we had before... maybe sort in columns as:

Ships (all)
Tanks (T80, M1, Leopard etc)
Other Armour Vehicles (BTR's BRD's M2's etc M109's)
SAM Radar's (only radar transmitting vehicles including EWR)
SAM units IR (Avengers, Tanguska, *in this one we can include manpads)
AAA (Shilka's)
Other vehicles

I know for this we only need to know all vehicles in game (can use encyclopedia) but maybe is little time consuming. I guess we just go with what majority likes, and of course, what Mugatu is able to do... and willing :P)

Grimes
29th November 2007, 09:08 AM
I kinda feel bad about comming up with more ideas of stuff to add for the stats engine....... buuuuuuut..........
How robust can the stats get? Like is there a limit to the number of ways to categorize it all?

Would it be possible to have maybe a line graph on a players stats page? Something as simple as tracking the number of Air, ground, and deaths by month or a similar span of time (weekly or bi-weekly)

Can we see some general server stats? Like the exact value (percentage or physical number)of whatever percentage of shots missiles destroyed a target. ie, the R-27ER is currently somewhere between 10-20% total kills, could you list the true value above that?

I like the idea of summarizing kills. It would certainly declutter it all.

Edit Random thought--------
Can you make a squadrons page? Something that groups those with the same prefix together? Maybe we could manually add known squads to a list to check against.

Kuky
29th November 2007, 10:02 AM
...Can you make a squadrons page? Something that groups those with the same prefix together? Maybe we could manually add known squads to a list to check against.

Ii think that would be good idea IF we (and people from other squads) would never fly against our own people :rtfm:

Grimes
29th November 2007, 10:35 AM
why not filter our any kills/deaths caused by squadmates? It could be either a pure squad vs squad comparison with just kills/deaths between the squads or we can add in how the lonewolves would effect everything

Kuky
29th November 2007, 10:47 AM
but if we filter those out how can we track genuine TK's?

Cali
29th November 2007, 06:21 PM
I think that the way it is now is good, but take out the dates so things aren't cluttered. Just have the number of times that you killed whatever or whoever. Like I said before I like the idea of haveing crashing and SAM kills added to the persons stats. I know the 169th stats don't count a A2A kill if you shoot down a A-10 or 25T and I don't like that, but it's not my server. I just want this to show true stats and not padded ones.

It would be nice to see the players or overall missile percentage, but I don't know how hard that would be to do. I'm guessing it would be a pain in the butt.

I don't think the squad thing would work that well, unless we didn't fly against ourselves. The way it is know is good...it counts the players stats. So if that squad is doing good, then it will show on the stats page who is in the top 10 on both A2A and A2G.

Again I just wanted to say Thank You Mugatu for all the hard work you have put into the stats page and putting up with us :smile:

Mugatu
30th November 2007, 01:35 AM
No probs all good ideas.

The real limits with the mplog is that it doesn show how you were killed for anything other than A2A, so I can't show SAM kills etc. It also doesn't show missiles being fired. Now if ED had put into the log the debrief data then we could really have some PK type stats, but I don't think they've done it for BS either :(

The only other way to get extended data is to enbale the export of lockon world data (like ATC uses) but then any tom, dick or harry can cheat. I'd love to implement it but then you'll have to trust people don't cheat or keep your eye out. This may be an option for red flag type events it would basically work in the same way as the data is recorded for ACMI?? Once I finish the stuff below I'd like to start on it but only if your going to use it.

Server Stats (priority 2)
=========
The server stats are coming along, here's a test graph using the real data showing Max players v day of the month.

http://147.203.6.236/classes/test_server.php

Other info slotted for display on it will be:

UTC
Local Time
Mission Start Time (UTC)
Mission End Time (Based on the mission rotator interval)
Total Players
Max Players
Current Players

A2G page ((priority 3)
=======
I'll post the list of vechilces/ships killed todate and if you can categorise them I can place them into SAM, etc colums on the A2G page.

A2A (priority 1)
====
Adding Crashes and Ejects that's all I can do there with the mplog.

Interested in any other ideas for graphs etc as well, keep em coming.

I think that the way it is now is good, but take out the dates so things aren't cluttered. Just have the number of times that you killed whatever or whoever. Like I said before I like the idea of haveing crashing and SAM kills added to the persons stats. I know the 169th stats don't count a A2A kill if you shoot down a A-10 or 25T and I don't like that, but it's not my server. I just want this to show true stats and not padded ones.

It would be nice to see the players or overall missile percentage, but I don't know how hard that would be to do. I'm guessing it would be a pain in the butt.

I don't think the squad thing would work that well, unless we didn't fly against ourselves. The way it is know is good...it counts the players stats. So if that squad is doing good, then it will show on the stats page who is in the top 10 on both A2A and A2G.

Again I just wanted to say Thank You Mugatu for all the hard work you have put into the stats page and putting up with us :smile:

Cali
30th November 2007, 02:00 AM
Your doing a great job Mugatu, we couldn't ask for better. I like what your doing, adding the crashes. I just brought up the date vs what we had before because of the clutter. I really don't care what date I shot so and so down or destroyed a bmp.

Kuky
30th November 2007, 03:05 AM
I think one very good piece of info many people would like to see it your weapon effectiveness which in a way is pilot's effectiveness as well.

To show percentage of missiles fired/hit

For example... Pilot1 fired 2xR-27ER's... none hit then fired 2xR-27ET and 1 hit... this would make 25% hit rate. I don't really care that much for the dates, especially in A2G as you get tons of kills like that... just an overall (but detailed - as in total of tanks, ermour, sam, etc) A2G stats.

I think we could start assigning points for A2G as well as A2A. For example killing a tank would give you maybe 1/4 point, killing a long range SAM would give 1 point... killing a truck 1/16 etc... something of sort of how much is each unit "worth". I am sure taking out a long rage SAM is very valuable, probably even more then downing a fighter. Sinking a larger ship should be worth a few points I think too :)

Grimes
3rd December 2007, 10:29 AM
Hey Mugatu, I think there might be some error regarding cluster bombs and stats recording. I bring this up because I've noticed the lack of KMGU-dispenser kills in my stats.

I did a little test to show you what I think might be happening. http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i316/jszorc/ScreenShot_014.jpg

As you see a Mk. 20 Rockeye isn't given credit for some of the actual kills, in this case its every other BTR-70. In my latest session I got 9 A2G kills, with 5 or so being from an RBK-500 bomb run. Of which only 2 kills were counted.

Does this happen because a kill isn't connected with a weapon in the game from the log?

Cali
3rd December 2007, 04:32 PM
Hey Mugatu, I think there might be some error regarding cluster bombs and stats recording. I bring this up because I've noticed the lack of KMGU-dispenser kills in my stats.

I did a little test to show you what I think might be happening. http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i316/jszorc/ScreenShot_014.jpg

As you see a Mk. 20 Rockeye isn't given credit for some of the actual kills, in this case its every other BTR-70. In my latest session I got 9 A2G kills, with 5 or so being from an RBK-500 bomb run. Of which only 2 kills were counted.

Does this happen because a kill isn't connected with a weapon in the game from the log?

I have noticed the same thing, that a cluster bomb will only record 1 proxmity hit next to the actual weapon e.i. mk20, rbk-500/250. I need to do more testing to check it out.

Mugatu
4th December 2007, 12:49 AM
Have a look in the MPLOG file lockon/temp next time you get a cluster bomb kill. There will only be one event probably, sux hey! Get teh ED Tester Team on to it :) Get em to dump that whole chat log into the mplog file!!

I have noticed the same thing, that a cluster bomb will only record 1 proxmity hit next to the actual weapon e.i. mk20, rbk-500/250. I need to do more testing to check it out.

Grimes
4th December 2007, 10:38 AM
MMmm. I see. Can you add something like an If statement by comparing the timestamps with one another?

01/20:05:40 BLUE "3Sqn_Grimes"(A-10A) kill vehicle RED "BMP-2" by Mk20 Rockeye
01/20:05:40 BLUE "3Sqn_Grimes"(A-10A) kill vehicle RED "BMP-2" by
01/20:07:32 BLUE "3Sqn_Grimes"(A-10A) kill vehicle RED "BMP-2" by Mk20 Rockeye
01/20:07:32 BLUE "3Sqn_Grimes"(A-10A) kill vehicle RED "BMP-2" by
01/20:07:33 BLUE "3Sqn_Grimes"(A-10A) kill vehicle RED "BMP-2" by Mk20 Rockeye
01/20:07:33 BLUE "3Sqn_Grimes"(A-10A) kill vehicle RED "BMP-2" by

As you can see the timestamp is nearly unique for each rockeye that has been dropped. (Dropped in singles but in rapid succession)Obviously if you just compare the times there could be some overlap of that exact moment someone got splashed or dropping a bombs in pairs, so it would probably be best to compare up to at least the player name.

Just a thought.

Mugatu
5th December 2007, 05:52 AM
Thanks I'll check the lua script. It may be dropping them for some reason.

MMmm. I see. Can you add something like an If statement by comparing the timestamps with one another?

01/20:05:40 BLUE "3Sqn_Grimes"(A-10A) kill vehicle RED "BMP-2" by Mk20 Rockeye
01/20:07:32 BLUE "3Sqn_Grimes"(A-10A) kill vehicle RED "BMP-2" by Mk20 Rockeye

As you can see the timestamp is nearly unique for each rockeye that has been dropped. (Dropped in singles but in rapid succession)Obviously if you just compare the times there could be some overlap of that exact moment someone got splashed or dropping a bombs in pairs, so it would probably be best to compare up to at least the player name.

Just a thought.