PDA

View Full Version : new(?) Team Combact League

eldiablo
23rd February 2008, 11:20 PM
Hello ! One guy asked me if i can send this on my squad ... soo here's the link :smile:
http://www.teamcombatleague.ca/
CYA:wink:

189th Rex
24th February 2008, 08:34 AM
I'm already a member, just gotta wait for Eclipse to join and for a 2v2 or 1v1 area to be made in FC. Looks like one mother of an idea, I can't wait to get some 189th - Tomcatters stats going.

ruggbutt
24th February 2008, 04:54 PM
2v2 isn't much of team type scenario.

189th Rex
24th February 2008, 11:13 PM
2 isn't much of a team either, but it's all the 189th has so far. Besides, I think it can be well enough when it's guns-only, which is what the 189th is all about. Although I would really enjoy some BVR against the Tomcatters, showing them the weakness in those Phoenix's they're so in-love with (Silent on RWR, big as a blimp in front of the cockpit, what a trail those things leave!)

Breakshot
25th February 2008, 12:37 PM
2v2 isn't much of team type scenario.

We feel the same too, this thing also seems abit like some sort of arcade league with BF2 and all sort of other things in there.... just aint gonna work...

189th Rex
26th February 2008, 02:55 AM
I think they cancelled all that. I see nothing but LOMAC and LOFC on the site.

=DFA=Graywo1f
27th February 2008, 04:59 AM
meh. red flag ftw!!! :cool:

189th Rex
27th February 2008, 06:01 AM
I don't think my compy could handle RedFlag. I looked at one of the tracks, and it looked like a total systemhog with a wall of MiGs. I would LOVE something like that if the Slammer worked, but it doesn't so I try to stay away from BVR. That's why the 189th is a dogfight squadron, which is kinda hard to work into Red Flag, but much easier to arrange in TCL.

Cali
27th February 2008, 06:05 AM
I don't think my compy could handle RedFlag. I looked at one of the tracks, and it looked like a total systemhog with a wall of MiGs. I would LOVE something like that if the Slammer worked, but it doesn't so I try to stay away from BVR. That's why the 189th is a dogfight squadron, which is kinda hard to work into Red Flag, but much easier to arrange in TCL.

What is your system specs?

189th Rex
27th February 2008, 06:19 AM
Come to think of it, the problem would probably be better now that I have double the RAM...

Athlon 3400+ (single core 2.4GHz)
2GB DDR RAM
ATi Radeon x850
80GB HDD Stuffed to the nines
10GB HDD Recently died and took my videos with it

Cali
27th February 2008, 06:27 AM
Come to think of it, the problem would probably be better now that I have double the RAM...

Athlon 3400+ (single core 2.4GHz)
2GB DDR RAM
ATi Radeon x850
80GB HDD Stuffed to the nines
10GB HDD Recently died and took my videos with it

That would do just fine for RED FLAG. I play with a FX-55, 2 gigs, X800Pro <-----that just died on me...now I have a 2600Pro

I have my settings pretty high and me FPS are normally 25-35

189th Rex
28th February 2008, 01:59 AM
Hey, I've just been challenged on TCL by a guy named "Flankerator." I wonder what he's going to fly? :wink:
It's 1 v 1, and I requested that it be guns-only but it might turn out different (the guns part). Either way, I can't wait to start building up (or burning down) in the ranks (if it's guns only, I won't be in the deep negative like the 3sqn stats server:sad:)

(Lots of () in this post)

Cali
28th February 2008, 02:02 AM
Either way, I can't wait to start building up (or burning down) in the ranks (if it's guns only, I won't be in the deep negative like the 3sqn stats server:sad:)

(Lots of () in this post)

That's why you practice BVR and tactics.....so you wont be one dimensional in combat.

189th Rex
28th February 2008, 03:13 AM
I got tired of BVR after I died 7 times in one night. I've always enjoyed guns much much better anyway, so intense yet at the same time elegant and graceful, with fireworks at the end. Actually, one could use that description for some other things that won't be mentioned...