PDA

View Full Version : Lt. Jim Brooks

tweetpuke
11th April 2008, 05:47 AM
Lets go to the tape. (http://www.grayeagles.org/video.htm) It says it all.

Cali
11th April 2008, 06:49 AM
Wow that was awesome to hear, thx for sharing Tweet. Makes me think of all the people that lost their lives for us...so we can be here today.

Cobra
26th May 2008, 12:30 AM
speechless.

my grandfather was the same. flew jsut about every fighter in WWII and i was fortunate enough to be given his logbook after he passed away.

thanks tweet

ruggbutt
26th May 2008, 04:12 AM
It's funny, the grandchildren say he doesn't discuss the war with them and I'm in the same boat with my grandpa. He was a Marine and stationed with two Marine Air Wings during WW2. The only military stories I hear are non-war related.

Prophet
26th May 2008, 06:08 PM
Here is the impression I get from that generation who did do WW2...

1. They dont want to remember.
2. They dont want to be honored in any way. They dont want to be recognized or have any ceremonies for them, or any type of recognition. They feel they just did what they had to do, and anyone else would have done the same.

Kuky
27th May 2008, 04:35 AM
naaa, the reason they don't talk about it is not because they forgot, but because it is a very hard memory they don't really like to think about... so they don't talk about it because its too hard on them... there is nothing heroic in war... and to anyone that was in such wars(s) and survived the heros are those who didn't make it... they were their friends... and that's what hurts :blank:

dubbbaya
27th May 2008, 06:14 AM
I think its because they don't have the words to properly describe the reality of what they faced - salute to them all.