PDA

View Full Version : Red Flag

Killer
19th April 2008, 03:06 PM
Thanks for the invite, I will try and get there on time. I have informed a buddy (Crow) that his services in an A10 may also be required.

As neither of us are privvy to the details or have access to appropriate 159th forum thread, I will try and catch someone in the morning on Vent, prior to the event.

159th_Jester
19th April 2008, 04:56 PM
Thanks for the invite, I will try and get there on time. I have informed a buddy (Crow) that his services in an A10 may also be required.

As neither of us are privvy to the details or have access to appropriate 159th forum thread, I will try and catch someone in the morning on Vent, prior to the event.

Hi Killer. Haven't heard from the Red Flag team about you. Are you flying this Red Flag?. If so you can contact Fudd on here or over on our forums (or over there square things away with Goya, Laud or X-man) and get them to confirm to me which team you're on I'll sort out the relevent forum permissions for you ASAP.

Thanks.

S77th-Highway
20th April 2008, 01:35 AM
Boys, I had a hoot flying with you all again...

Made me think about those hog meets we tried running a while back :cool:

It was nice to be in the air with some Hog strikers who knew where to go and what to do besides Noti.

Looking forward to flying with you all again sometime soon.

I'm thinking there may be a reason to fly the hog around again soon :tongue:

Kuky
20th April 2008, 02:06 AM
Those Hog's will become a popularity very soon :spiteful:

I have to say... good team work this time round... discipline was good also. Little unfortunate towards the end as fewof our strikers were alone chased by enemy fighters (easy job for the enemy)... and yet Prophet with the help of GCI still managedto fire 2x AIM-9's at the F-15, one hit but no damage, other missed.

I hope we won this one... wait and see...

Good flying with you guys! :cool:

Killer
20th April 2008, 02:06 AM
What a blast that was... have to be my best lock On experience ever, 3 hours, 4 sorties, plenty of tension and anxiety mixed with periods of long loitering.

Well led by flight leads, well administrated, and well executed.

@Ruggbutt sorry about that little mishap at the hold short, lets just keep that between me and you :wink:

@TomAce Your crew chief called and said he found your plane parked outside a WalMart store and wants to know if you want it towed back to base.

@Prophet Glad to see my suicidal break right enabled you to get a heater on that 15, sorry to hear it missed.

@Bear Flight, we looked pretty good up there boys on that first sortie, hopefully next time we all make it home.

Excellent stuff :very happy:

S77th-Highway
20th April 2008, 02:13 AM
How about we try to organise an Aussie friendly flight schedule to get together each weekend...?

Nothing major, just a general get together, server raid, hell, just fly circuits together!

Sunday mornings pretty much always work for me...

=RvE=Tito
20th April 2008, 03:07 AM
Cheers everyone! Thanks again Kuky (I've been browsing any forums I could think of to salute you :rolleyes:) and 3Sqn for hosting and all. Great people, great server, great fun!

159th_Jojo
20th April 2008, 03:40 AM
To all at the 3 sqn, a big thank you for hosting and organizing. I think this Red Flag will be remembered as a good one. Thanks Kuky for a great plan and tremendous leadership. I learned a lot listening to you guys. Next time maybe I be flying in the new A10 with one of Ruggs skins!!

Would be great to have an inter squad bash sometime.

Jojo :very happy:

Cali
20th April 2008, 07:35 AM
Sounds like everyone had fun, wish I could of flew in this one.

@ Jojo we should be a squad flight sometime.

Prophet
20th April 2008, 01:17 PM
All I gotta say is, I killed what I could.

And that damn F15 that finally got me guns... (*#&$. I had 1 AIM9 hit him, and the other miss. I tried to get some guns on him, and had I been better at that, he would have been toast. He just had too much speed. I out turned and disengaged when I could, just too fast.

I did land her on a road though.

Good job everyone. Sucks that some guys got taken out early, and Tomace ran out of fuel by like 50.

eldiablo
20th April 2008, 06:55 PM
Tkx everyone for this funny experience. For me was the second RF where I flew , but onestly the first one where I understood what happened. Good calls , good SA - Foxy leader was very professional - only a my mistake and Buk Sam shoot me down at last , but was very nice experience. I hope to be in the next one . Cya :wink:

Grimes
20th April 2008, 11:37 PM
Yeah it was a pretty good RF overall. There were slight misscommunications that caused a few nasty surprises, but all in all it was pretty good. They have the track and tacview up.

I can't wait to seen screanshots of bear flights Mav-D attacks. It was impressive looking on Tacview.

Fudd was moments away from being detected by that other buk site.

The ground units could be the make or break of this mission. Both sides got the shipping and mystery objectives. The Red Units at Krymsk had a single tank left while the northern battle area blue had around 12 units remaining and the red side had remained mostly untouched.

As a whole the Redforces CAP seemed more aggressive and pushed further than the blue forces did.

TomAce
21st April 2008, 12:52 AM
Yeah awesome flight well done everyone, bad luck to those who where done by the pair of Eagles.

=RvE=Tito
21st April 2008, 02:36 AM
Plus that bloody MiG that ambushed us at WP3. It came literaly from nowhere, I just overrided an ML to a Tor when the GCI called "Brake off, hostile fastmover inbound, 15 out" :shok::shok::shok:

I broke my lock and called Yoda to get the hell out of there and a second later I got locked and the guy sent me an active radar postcard. I jettissoned my entire ordnance I headed west jinking and chaffing like crazy, the 77 missed. I thought I would drag him to our SAMs but he jumped on Yoda. He called he's in a dogfight with the guy but there was nothing I could do to help him out. I could only die too, nothing more.

I eate my stick from anger that I didn't take a couple of Archers on that sortie :mad:. But we were not supposed do deal with any airborne threats and since the SEAD was aiming for speed I cut them off. I'll never to that mistake again.

BTW, that guy (=UVAF=Drawmen) is one very lucky SOB. After gunning down Yoda he flies straight over our Strela and takes two direct missile hits. He still made it to Maykop though. He ands up out of the runway which pretty much means he has lost the hydro. Lucky bastard..

Mugatu
21st April 2008, 04:43 AM
You know what would be great for thosewho can't fly and to get other's interested in RF ... a detailed debrief (war stories) of the scenario from both sides, not just the stats on who killed who. Would be a great read for all on lockon.ru. :whip:

TomAce
21st April 2008, 05:34 AM
Good Idea!

Cali
21st April 2008, 08:49 AM
Good Idea!

Start it off TA, I would but since I'm banned from lockon.ru and didn't fly in this...I'm out.

Frostie
21st April 2008, 04:30 PM
Ill start it off as I know it can only get better.:lol:
We took of from Rad - 6 flankers , 4 , 51st and 2, 4=c= (who couldn't really speak english)
Ingressed to our designated patrol zone erm.. deep in friendly territory were we scanned, patrolled and feel asleep, awoke and after 1 1/2 hours of circling some ships got the call if we fancied some fun ( is that what we are here for, surely you jest Merlin(GCI))

We approached towards the frontline low on fuel but eager for action,couldn't really co-ordinate with our fellow flanker pilots but got a couple of splashes but also lost one of our guys, then lost another when RTB running low on fuel.

Two of us made it back to Rad ,one coasted in empty, just got of the runway to see one of our 4=c= comrades T/O and head back out I guess the other was lost. We said a quick prayer , sipped some vodka and ripped out for some action.

When we finally got to the front there were bandits everywhere, unfortunately didnt have a clue where any of the other flights were, just guessed they could be anywhere or lost. But there was definately a lot of bandits, I got splashed by a guy called Snake who scored six kills for RedFor in his F-15, he showed some great skill in avoiding my missiles and I got suckerpunched leaving my jammer on:red:. My Bud carried onto the end splashing 3 bandits in all.

It was a boring RF for me the first time ive actually been bored in a LOCERF and I feel like a lot of my time was wasted flying around my homeplate.
Hopefully the next RF's will continue with the previous trend of everyone getting to the action in a rotation manner.

Got to commend everyone on a job welldone in organising this event with a lot of work gone into planning by Kuky and 159thSandman and it was the smoothest and most stable yet for sure.
But it seems like we missed out on all the fun even though we were there.:sad:

And no im not going to post my depressing story on LO.ru it wouldn't be much of a hit.:lol:

Cali
22nd April 2008, 01:07 AM
Thx Frostie, sorry that you had a boring flight, but real combat sorties are like. At least you got to fly in it :smile: hopefully I'll be in the next one. Thx for the story, looking forward to reading others.

Good call Mugatu :wink:

=RvE=Tito
22nd April 2008, 02:59 AM
Well except for the 3rd flight back to the northern area the rest was nothing special for Weasel flight. At the first wave we made with reduced payloads as soon as we launched at two Tors (knocking them out) GCI called to bugout because of enemies onbound.

While Archer and Jojo (Weasel 1 and 2, they got one Buk site the first wave) were low on fuel and had to land at Kerch, me and Yoda (3 and 4) landed back at Kiro and according to the plan we requested loadout change. I took 2x29Ts and 4x25MLs while Yoda picked two MPU's instead of MLs. We headed to WP4 where the ships were and on our ingress the GCI called that sky is clear. I guess this was the time when the 51st guys have been circling above us. We didn't know what kind of ships we gonna face so I started looking from good range to get any picture before getting a spike. I found two Molnyas and few cargo ships. I sent my 29Ts to the Molnyas, hit 3 cargos with 1 ML each and last ML used for another Molnya.

Kuky called that they (Fox) are onbound to finish the job so me and Yoda headed back Kiro for rearming/refueling. Kuky gave us new objective- WP1, Krymsk lake and after take off I took heading straight WP1 this time conserving fuel as speed was not a factor anymore. After passing the Kerch strait GCI stopped us because of enemy fighter 25km west of WP1. So we stayed on station orbiting above the channel and waiting for clearance. Soon we got it, this time for WP3. Fox flight passed us and on our approach we saw one 25T engaging targets and being shot at. Good thing that Yoda had those two MPU's because neutralized two Tors from the first pass. I got one tank with 29T (!), picked up another Tor with the Phanta pod and overrided an ML from 16-18km. Yoda got the same Tor with 29T and at this very second I got the spike, lock and launch warning from my 3 o'clock accompanied by GCI's voice- Bugout, hostile fastmover 15 out south! The rest I already posted.

I menaged to land at Kerch 5min before the end of the mission with enough fuel to reach even Kiro.

That was a blast, a lifetime souvenir. After that (my first RF) I kinda lost motivation of joining public servers in HL.

Kuky
22nd April 2008, 04:11 AM
Well I have to say my fear on having many SAM's at WP3 and for us not being able to get all of them, got the better of me... so instead of inital plan to carry 2 weapons each, I allowed carrying 4xMPU's on 4x of the aircraft. I see now this was a mistake (not that I could anyhow know there were only 5 TOR's at WP3). So this made Weasel flight bit slower... slower enough to not have those precious 2-3 min difference (which I was pushing for to begin with) toget close enough and kill all TOR's in one pass.

I must say after watching track file I noticed one of the guys that was carrying Kh-58's, also had MPU's... that shouldn't have happened because he got himself bit slower because of extra load and this wasn't part of the plan :sad:

This added up for Weasel flight not being able to hit all SAM's protecting enemy units at WP3 because they almost got bounced... which after bugged Fox flight on our ingress to WP3. :blank:

I am sorry if it sound me just complaining but another thing I noticed also... Weasel flight did not stick to my instructions to not go for a climb and keep their speed at max... they got at 4000m really early... instead they should have kept much slower clim brate and that could have added an extra 1min earlier to target... 1min is very short, but that 1min could have been enough to fire remaining MPU's they had on those remaining TOR's. Anyway, this is something I noticed after watching track file.

But also Fox flight did not do their best to take out those 8x T-80's (secret objective) with guns... I saw many passes by Fox 2,3 and 4 with no kills? :whistling: Come on guys, what happened there? :whip:

Hehehe, what's even worse... afterwards as A-10 came in to helphill remaining 4 tanks I saw an A-10 firing guns on the T-80 and he couldn't get a kill :rolleyes: Oh my... guys we need to improve on our straffing skills! :rtfm:

S77th-Highway
22nd April 2008, 07:03 AM
Here's a slightly dramatised version of my Lockon Red Flag 8-2.

Bear flight of 6 A-10's spooled up on the western most ramp at Kirovskoe airfield in the Early morning sun. On this occassion we were joined by 8 SU-25T's from the Georgian air force tasked with SEAD. Our task for this mission was a stand off armour strike to a Russian mechanised infantry company to the north of Anapa air base in Russia. We carried 6xAGM-65D Mavericks to give us the best stand off range possible and the ability to lock targets in the relatively low lighting conditions expected at the target area.

The SU-25T's taxied past and lined up on the runway, waiting for the go command from the ground attack co-ordinator. Bear flight taxied by numbers to the hold and waited anxiously as reports came in from ATC of the Fighter cover assembling overhead. In a scene remenicent of WWII movies, the cumbersome SU-25T's trundled down the runway and took to the sky making way for Bear flight to line up. Bear 3 & 4 had a small incident ahead of me and my wingman for this Sortie, Noti, but that was cleared up quickly by the ground crews and we rolled.

Bear 1 set the climb to 3 degrees nose up and full power to get us up to 8,000ft 50km prior to the FEBA. We formed up in our pairs following a loose echelon right across the straight seperating the Ukraine from Russia. "Bear flight, GCI, execute an immediate 180 turn at your discression, hostile fighters heading 090 for 50, hot" came over the comms channel. In the coolest tone possible Bear 1 responded "Bear 1, copy turn 180, Bear flight, execute 180 degree left turn, heading 270".

"2, 3, 4, 5, 6" came the responses. I banked over a full 85 degrees and pulled hard fighting the G's as I steered my hog away from the threat. "Bear 4, Nails 090" came the call. We knew they were close, we only hoped that our fighter cover was close enough to break their chase. Sure enough, the Fighters broke the engagement and we were cleared in by the GCI shortly afterwards.

Bear Lead turned us back onto our steerpoint of 090, only for the fighters to spike us again, "Bear 2, Nails 080". Again we turned away from the heat, this time though the fighters pressed on. Noti and I called out Nails on our tail and dove for the deck picking up as much speed as we could to try and extend from the hostile fighters, my hog bucking around as I passed 400 kts passing through 3,000ft.

Again the fighters were driven back by our Combat Air Patrols, and we were cleared into the area. This time we broke through the fighter screen and spread out in a loose line abreast formation for our attack. "Bear 3, I have targets in sight heading 090 for 20". We all slewed the IR seeker heads of our mavericks toward the area, squinting at the CRT's in the corner of our cockpits to make out the tell tale heat signatures of the enemy armour. "Bear 5, tally targets, moving to engage targets from 100 degrees" I called out as the images became clearer.

"Bear flight, weapons free" came the call from TomAce. All 6 A-10's of bear flight let their AGM-65D's fly simultaneously as per the plan drawn up by the air boss.
"BEAR 6, HOTILE FIGHTERS IN CLOSE, ENGAGED DEFENSIVE!" called Noti. Paniced by the close proximity I immediately looked out to my right to find my wingman performing a split S and diving for the ground. There less than half a mile behind him was an F-15 closing for a snapshot. I yanked my hog onto it's side and switched to Air to Air mode. The growl from the Sidewinders was deafening as I pulled 6 G's in my lighter hog after launching the heavy AGMs trying to get my own snapshot off against the aggressor. "I'm on him Noti" I called, "come right".

Noti turned to the north, desperate to escape from the Eagle. The Eagle 'mad dogged' an AMRAAM in close, "CHAFF, CHAFF, CHAFF" I screamed out, the missile streaked harmlessly by Noti's left side, but the closure between myself and the Eagle was now too fast and I was unable to get a solid lock from my winders. There was no chance of hoping that it would score a kill without a lock, Noti was too close.

I began to reverse on the Eagle when suddenly my TEWS lit up showing an AMRAAM on my 7 o'clock danger close. "Bear 5, Engaged defensive, there's another Eagle in here with us" I called. "Bear flight, bugg out" came the call from TomAce. Spewing chaff I broke left and dove for the ground managing to break the lock of the incoming AMRAAM.

I pulled hard to the right trying to get back into position to help my wingman, just in time to see him get splashed by a close in Winder shot from the second Eagle that had just fired on me. No time for remorse now though, I was on my own with a pair of fast movers close in. I lined up on the second Eagle dropping countermeasures as fast as I could incase the first Eagle had re-engaged. I lined up on the 2nd Eagle, and heard a solid tone as the Winder locked on to the massive heat source that the fighters after-burners were generating just as an AMRAAM slammed into the right side of my Hog.............

I like your Idea of the tales from Red Flag so much, I posted this over in the Red Flag post on the lock on forums. Great idea guys!

Cali
22nd April 2008, 07:14 AM
Great stories guys, I love hearing them. Maybe we should start a sticky for "RED FLAG Sorties"?

Kuky
22nd April 2008, 09:33 AM
Well I personally didn't encounter any fighters (that were close enough to engage me) and I only had 2-3 SAM's fired at me. Fox flight did get boundec by enemy fighter (I think it was Grimes) and I think he got hit because he didn't turn away when we were told by the GCI we had fighters inbound on us. I think I can recall him saying... "ah just one second I'm about to kill this TOR" or something similar :smile: Fudd andI buggen out straight away and got home safe.

Killer
22nd April 2008, 11:10 AM
I pulled hard to the right trying to get back into position to help my wingman, just in time to see him get splashed by a close in Winder shot from the second Eagle that had just fired on me. No time for remorse now though, I was on my own with a pair of fast movers close in. I lined up on the second Eagle dropping countermeasures as fast as I could incase the first Eagle had re-engaged. I lined up on the 2nd Eagle, and heard a solid tone as the Winder locked on to the massive heat source that the fighters after-burners were generating just as an AMRAAM slammed into the right side of my Hog.............

Well you didnt have to tell me twice to bug out of there, after hearing Bear 5 and Bear 6 call they were going down, I heard my flight lead Bear 3 (Ruggbutt) was also going down. Following Bear 1's (TomAce) call to get down low and go go go, I banked hard right and caught site of Bear 2 (Prophet) passing low and fast below me, I pulled in tight and tried to keep close whilst looking around for Bear 1, who I think was in trail of us.

Shattered by the loss of half the flight I took solace in the fact that our volley of rifles had inflicted untold damage on Opfor units. They had not gone down in vain and intel reported good kills from most of our Mavs, except for mine :red: Apparently aside from one shilka my other five Mavs managed to wipeout a small residential street ( 5 x buildings).

By the time we were on finals to Kirovskoe we were a loose formation of 3 keen to land rearm and refuel, but before we could get down we were alerted by GCI of a column of tanks, mere minutes from our base. Su25Ts were engaging and asking for assistance. It was like a bloody F1 pitstop as we 3 all reloaded and shot back out for the column, but just my luck they were all accounted for by the time I arrived. Thanks to Bear 1 and Bear 2s exceptional gunnery skills :tongue:

Our second sortie went, for me anyway, better than the first, as I recall all 3 of us offloaded our 6 mavs on the same target area for a high kill ratio. But due to successive bugouts on ingress under threat of enemy fighters, by the time we eventually got within range of the target, we had already used up way too much fuel to make it home.

Using our most fuel efficient flight procedure to make it home was not enough for both Bear 1 and 2 who flamed out before the RTN, with Bear 1 TomAce having to perform a forced landing on a highway strip, one that he could walk away from too, and Bear 2 Prophet performing a textbook flameout dead stick landing on the runway. I had trailled behind a fair bit to preserve fuel and managed to land with about 4 lbs.

Now there was just the 2 remaining Bear A10s, Bear 2 and Bear 4. Once more we departed with a belly full of fuel fire and brimstone, to deposit on Opfor.
Once more Prophet and I were able to get a full load of Mavs off in one pass, and turned for home.

"Bear flight, you have a fast mover low and closing on your 6, GET OUT OF THERE NOW!!!" came the impassioned plea from AWACS. We were already low and egressing as we put the foot down and clawed even lower, trying to hide in the treetops.

"20 miles and closing fast on your 6" calls AWACS. I check my TEWS which shows the <15> ominously bordering my inner threat, and then he is inside it.

"16 miles , you better do something..." he calls, and I cant help noticing the anxiety in his voice as if he was riding in back with me.

As the "new guy" and a "Johnny come lately" I was confident of fullfilling my duties AG but seriously doubted how well i would perform in an A10 going A2A with an F15. Hopefully Bear 2 (Prophet) had a plan.

He did.. "Killer when he gets to 10 and/or gets a solid lock, we are going to do a split V and whoever he is not pursuing then will turn around hard and nail him with a heater. Somehow I figured that I had been on borrowed time all along given the loss of 3 more experienced pilots than me already, and didnt have to wait long to realise it.

My Tews lit up like a Christmas Tree along with all the whistles and bells as it became painfully obvious who the F15 had decided to smite first. Pulling hard right and fighting the urge to just punch out, I pumped chaff flares ECM and a few body fluids as I leaned hard in my seat to look for the missile. It was all over in seconds...

No Chute :sad:

15 mins to go too

S77th-Highway
22nd April 2008, 01:15 PM
Nice Killer, I was hoping somebody would pick up the story from where I left off! :cool:

Post it over on the lock on forums too, I really like this concept

159th_Jojo
22nd April 2008, 01:20 PM
Well I have to say my fear on having many SAM's at WP3 and for us not being able to get all of them, got the better of me... so instead of inital plan to carry 2 weapons each, I allowed carrying 4xMPU's on 4x of the aircraft. I see now this was a mistake (not that I could anyhow know there were only 5 TOR's at WP3). So this made Weasel flight bit slower... slower enough to not have those precious 2-3 min difference (which I was pushing for to begin with) toget close enough and kill all TOR's in one pass.

I must say after watching track file I noticed one of the guys that was carrying Kh-58's, also had MPU's... that shouldn't have happened because he got himself bit slower because of extra load and this wasn't part of the plan :sad:

This added up for Weasel flight not being able to hit all SAM's protecting enemy units at WP3 because they almost got bounced... which after bugged Fox flight on our ingress to WP3. :blank:

I am sorry if it sound me just complaining but another thing I noticed also... Weasel flight did not stick to my instructions to not go for a climb and keep their speed at max... they got at 4000m really early... instead they should have kept much slower clim brate and that could have added an extra 1min earlier to target... 1min is very short, but that 1min could have been enough to fire remaining MPU's they had on those remaining TOR's. Anyway, this is something I noticed after watching track file.

But also Fox flight did not do their best to take out those 8x T-80's (secret objective) with guns... I saw many passes by Fox 2,3 and 4 with no kills? :whistling: Come on guys, what happened there? :whip:

Hehehe, what's even worse... afterwards as A-10 came in to helphill remaining 4 tanks I saw an A-10 firing guns on the T-80 and he couldn't get a kill :rolleyes: Oh my... guys we need to improve on our straffing skills! :rtfm:

Firstly' you broadcast that WEASEL flight should take extra MPUs, you did not specify that you only wanted 3 and 4 to carry extra.

Secondly, if your not happy with our performance have the decency to talk to us directly before posting this kind of thing.

:mad:

Kuky
22nd April 2008, 01:48 PM
Take it easy Jojo, I posted this in general section and anyone can read it so it's not like I did not want you guys to read anything I wrote.

Hey I said it was me who made a mistake and that said you can carry extra MPU's (I did not say should but can as one of you guys asked me this), also I said you could not get all the SAM's as you were bounced by fighters... you guys did nothing wrong here and I don't know why you think I am saying your flight did this wrong. But to be fair here also I did say, and I am not wrong here because this did happen like this, is that weasel flight did not do as I planned about the climb rate... in this respect, yes, weasel flight did not do as planned. It's not that bad but 1 little min sooner would be better :wink: If this sounds like bashing I'm sorry but I don't think is was... again I saw this after I watched the track file. I don't think there's anything wrong with me posting this.

Anyway, these comments is one of those things "if I only did this instead of this" which you say after things already happened as they do count as valuable experinece and you can learn things from these mistakes.

so, peace and out... :blank:

159th_Jojo
22nd April 2008, 01:59 PM
Its cool sorry, we had mega coms problems with my flight lead and that meant we couldn't communicate. That led to some problems keeping to schedule.

I was very frustrated by not getting on target sooner, we got bounced and I was instructed to launch at the BUK 10 kms further out than I wanted. My kh 58 were shot down. I got caught in a group of TORs and I tried to decoy them by firing my MPUs.

Kuky
22nd April 2008, 02:01 PM
I had quick edit on my post above :)

Kuky
22nd April 2008, 02:15 PM
Hey just thinking about this...there were 3 BUK sites on each side protecting ground units... Fudd, Grimes and Diablo went southfor WP1, Weasel flight went to north WP3 and I went right for the middle... how come I did not get nails from 3rd BUK site? I mean Weasel took out north BUK, I think I took either middle or South (don't know which one if there were 3 sites). Fudd only called out TOR's at WP1 and he was close enough to have been spiked from southern BUK but he didn't. Grimes flew right over WP1 and he didn't get it either.

I am thinking maybe somehow the radar position of the BUK was not ideal (maybe it was down a hill slope???) and it could not have a line of sight on us? Can anyone who has watched RF8-2 via TacView confirm where these BUK sites were and which one did I take out? Was it southern BUK or the middle one beteen WP1 and WP3?

hm... Diablo can you check?

eldiablo
22nd April 2008, 03:09 PM
Sure Sir !! Yes Sir !! Here they come Sir !!! (just for kidding :tongue: )
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b116/eldiablo155/Buksitesouth.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b116/eldiablo155/Buksitenorth.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b116/eldiablo155/Buksitenorth-1.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b116/eldiablo155/enemyincoming.jpg

Kuky
22nd April 2008, 04:12 PM
Thanks Diablo... I just watched track file again I saw souther RED BUK site was indeedon the slope of the hill and never had us in line of sight. That BUK site was not in good position :rolleyes:

Anyway, I have to say to Prophet:

Mate, your last run on the WP1 together with Killer was top notch. Bear flight did super job in knocking out all but 1 enemy unit (1xT-80 survived).

And man oh man, after watching your run from that F-15 oh boy... you guys had active BUK site to protect you only 26km north from where the F-15 engaged you!!! Man I was like "Nooooooooooooo! How come GCI didn't think this BUK can protect you" Oh man if GCI only directed you only 20degree right off your course and towards the BUK site that F-15 would have not been able to do anything. This BUK site did fire 1 missile at him but he wasin turning fight with you very low and missile could not reach him...

I have to say that engagement and how you managed to stay alive was of epic proportions! The F-15 was out of AIM-120's and all its missiles... I think he was also down to his last gun rounds when he finally managed to smoke your left engine. But dude... you stayed alive!!!

Prophet, I think if this was in real life you should have been awarded some medal or something :cool:

Really... I am so up and late and I won't have enough sleep before I got to work tomorrow because I spent some 1h30min watching the track file again... but it was worth it :wink:

Fudd
22nd April 2008, 09:39 PM
Damnit!

The buk I was tasked with was behind a mountain? Damn! I just thought it wasn't even there...

The thing that sucks is that it might have chased out fighters back...

If I had offset right 10 degrees and climbed higher I MAYBE could have got a kh-58 shot.

Red Flag in most its iterations is pushing them far enough back so our ground pounders can work...

Kuky
22nd April 2008, 10:03 PM
It wasn't really a mountain Fudd... a very small hill but big enough and far enough away for it not to have line of sight on us.

S77th-GOYA
24th April 2008, 07:31 PM
Damnit!

The buk I was tasked with was behind a mountain? Damn! I just thought it wasn't even there...

:spiteful::tongue:

Prophet
25th April 2008, 12:16 AM
Killer. I just got done watching the track man. That F15 was on me the whole time. I dont think you tossed out decoys!

Anyways, watching the ACMI... the dude took my AIM9 out with his AIM9.... :shok:

And watching my second AIM9. Well I am not too happy with Ratheon. It had plenty of energy, and just quite turning. FFS!!!!

I cant believe I lasted so long though. That was a great RF. Cant wait for the next.

Mugatu
25th April 2008, 09:17 AM
Great stories guys, it's great to hear them from all sides :) Is the track on the FTP site?

Prophet
25th April 2008, 01:11 PM
http://www.the159th.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3718

Cali
25th April 2008, 04:27 PM
Well Prophet if the AIM-9 had the real specs...then it would have killed that 15. But since ED dumbed all the NATO missiles down well ya know...:confused: