1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 12345
» Online Users: 6
0 members and 6 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 174, 12th November 2015 at 08:06 AM.
» Stats
Members: 146
Threads: 2,832
Top Poster: Cali (3,567)
Welcome to our newest member, boydyma
» Today's Birthdays
None

Old 4th April 2010, 09:19 PM   #41
Breakshot
51st Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruggbutt View Post
Are you using Gozr's tweaks?
neg, his settings give way too many artifacts when looking around, so i dont like em...

my view limits are obviously more restrictive to avoid the above problem, but nevertheless they still give "more freedom" than the default... best way is to hop in on 51st Dedi and try them out...

Quote:
Cali:
So what your saying is that the server has control over the in cockpit view? No matter what people do if the server has the view set at 20 is the closes you can zoom....then that's it. I hope this is what your saying cause this will fix a lot of problems with people using super zoom on fighters.
Yes, thats correct... at least to my knowledge and from testing so far... Basically the server side Server.lua and View.lua dictate the client views no matter what...

Tim "Breakshot" Mytrofanov, #24, 51st PVO Regiment
Breakshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2010, 09:47 PM   #42
ruggbutt
3 Sqn Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracimus View Post
I got to say it's not a hack or aimbot,
Yes it is. If you aren't using it and you don't manually adjust your elevation what happens? You lose target lock. If you are using it you or the enemy plane can maneuver to any altitude and you'll still retain lock. It's an aimbot. There are different versions of aimbot for different games but this script keeps the lock once you bug your target. If you don't prefer the term aimbot what works for you? Call it what you like but you won't be dropping lock if you don't manage your radar azimuth or scan zone when using Yoda's scripts...........

Quote:
NONE OF my missles had kill any of ECM jammed strobe(HOJ) with ECM over 50+ launched missiles, only after the locked/burn through the ECM strobe from bandit
That says more about your choice of when to launch the missiles. I got two HOJ kills this weekend in your server. Went 6:0 on Friday and 7:3 on Saturday. Without the aimbot.

Be very afraid if I choose to install this "mod". I'm whoopin' ass without it already.

All the cool LOMAC stuff
ruggbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2010, 09:49 PM   #43
Cali
3 Sqn Member

That is some great news, that's stop unrealistically seeing too far. Now hopefully ED will fix some of the other bugs we have found so far, but I doubt it.......fingers X
Old 4th April 2010, 09:57 PM   #44
ruggbutt
3 Sqn Member

Quick question about LEAVU: If I'm flying any of the strike A/C will I still be able to see datalink info on my secondary screen? Just curious cuz I'm not so sure that this is realistic.

All the cool LOMAC stuff
Old 4th April 2010, 10:33 PM   #45
Cali
3 Sqn Member

One quick question, the leavu mod sees all the F-15's radars in the game. Kinda like a flying pointing awacs/ewr?
Old 4th April 2010, 10:35 PM   #46
Dracimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruggbutt View Post
Yes it is. If you aren't using it and you don't manually adjust your elevation what happens? You lose target lock. If you are using it you or the enemy plane can maneuver to any altitude and you'll still retain lock. It's an aimbot. There are different versions of aimbot for different games but this script keeps the lock once you bug your target. If you don't prefer the term aimbot what works for you? Call it what you like but you won't be dropping lock if you don't manage your radar azimuth or scan zone when using Yoda's scripts...........
Yes, question to yourself does it exist in REAL F15C. if it don't.. then it's a obivously aimbot in someway. can you prove that it does not exist on REAL F15C APG-63 radar? neat feature for real pilot. so we can call all real F15 pilots, "Aimbot pilots", (sense of humor)

Edit: happy easter.

Last edited by Dracimus; 4th April 2010 at 10:37 PM.
Dracimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2010, 10:52 PM   #47
Grimes
3 Sqn Member

@ Dracimus

Even with Aimbots you still have to fire the weapon. Just because in LockOn its not instantaneous like close range FPS games doesn't mean its not aiming for you.

Firing a missile at a bandit while using these tweaks and missing does not disprove they are aimbots. It just proves that the missile missed. Even within the "No Escape Zone" its not a guarantee that the missile will hit its target.

However what they do is make you, the pilot, more efficient using the radar. It becomes a better radar system when it has more capabilities. And thats what appalls me. Its "more realistic" BUT not for everyone. And when I say everyone I don't mean that Migs or other aircraft don't have access to it. I mean other F15 pilots... even on your own team.

Besides, how realistic is it for Israel to be in a coalition with Russia against the United States, Ukraine, and Georgia.... all of which can field Ka-50s...

Last edited by Grimes; 4th April 2010 at 10:55 PM.
Grimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2010, 11:13 PM   #48
X-man
51st Members

Quote:
Quick question about LEAVU: If I'm flying any of the strike A/C will I still be able to see datalink info on my secondary screen? Just curious cuz I'm not so sure that this is realistic.
If you're connected to some fighter pilots in the server, who are also using LEAVU, then yes. A-10A or Su-25A can enjoy the full data link provided by your comrades at 50'000ft above you
Quote:
One quick question, the leavu mod sees all the F-15's radars in the game. Kinda like a flying pointing awacs/ewr?
No, only the ones connected to the LEAVU server. And it can be any fighter radar, not just F-15.

Example: I host a LEAVU server and then jump into the <51>Dedicated, selecting a Su-27. I then give my host IP to you guys and you can join my LEAVU, then the server in F-15s and we all share data-link. Then some strikers join up to the LEAVU server as well and we all fly around and linking our contacts. AFAIK, there's no limit to how many can join up to the LEAVU in the same session.

You could have the entire RED coalition hooked up to LEAVU, where 15 aircraft joins the data-link and BLUE has not a single LEAVU pilots. Could even be that 10 Su-27s goes up WITH LEAVU vs 10 F-15 pilots WITHOUT...

ONLY the ones connected to the LEAVU software can provide and receive sensor information. This is because LEAVU uses only ownship data from YOUR own computer only and not the exports of the server.

So depending on the scenario, LEAVU can be both realistic and unrealistic. And as we know, some smart and moronic people out there can probably alter the code to get some really funky scripts going....

Jonas "X-man" Jarneborn, #34 of the 51st PVO Regiment

Last edited by X-man; 4th April 2010 at 11:19 PM.
X-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2010, 11:33 PM   #49
Prophet
3 Sqn Member

Why don't we just limit mods to visual and sound mods and that's it. Or just say no to any mods, because this is getting stupid.

All this scripting is BS to me.
Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2010, 11:44 PM   #50
Cali
3 Sqn Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-man View Post
If you're connected to some fighter pilots in the server, who are also using LEAVU, then yes. A-10A or Su-25A can enjoy the full data link provided by your comrades at 50'000ft above you

No, only the ones connected to the LEAVU server. And it can be any fighter radar, not just F-15.

Example: I host a LEAVU server and then jump into the <51>Dedicated, selecting a Su-27. I then give my host IP to you guys and you can join my LEAVU, then the server in F-15s and we all share data-link. Then some strikers join up to the LEAVU server as well and we all fly around and linking our contacts. AFAIK, there's no limit to how many can join up to the LEAVU in the same session.

You could have the entire RED coalition hooked up to LEAVU, where 15 aircraft joins the data-link and BLUE has not a single LEAVU pilots. Could even be that 10 Su-27s goes up WITH LEAVU vs 10 F-15 pilots WITHOUT...

ONLY the ones connected to the LEAVU software can provide and receive sensor information. This is because LEAVU uses only ownship data from YOUR own computer only and not the exports of the server.

So depending on the scenario, LEAVU can be both realistic and unrealistic. And as we know, some smart and moronic people out there can probably alter the code to get some really funky scripts going....
After reading that, it clears it up for me....thx.
Old 5th April 2010, 01:06 AM   #51
=RvE=Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali View Post
After reading that, it clears it up for me....thx.
Leavu datalink host software is just a general server software I made.
You can use it as a chat server or dedicated server if you code some new
game. I have it hosting dlink and chat.
=RvE=Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 01:33 AM   #52
Kuky
3 Sqn Member

Thanks all for chipping in, thanks Breakshot for tweaking the extra 6DoF... will definitely try it out and if there are no graphical anomalities we probbaly will adopt same values on our server (when it bloody gets running again)

Also thanks for letting us know that all view settings are forced by the server, takes the extra file checking not required (nice)

Now we only need to sort out what mods we want to use (I noted already what mods I would like us all to use in previous posts) and we're all good... and for the heck of it Yoda and 104th can still use their stuff when they fly there, we would all still be able to join and fly in their server also so it's all good.
Kuky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 01:43 AM   #53
Case
51st Members

One more thing that server admins should realize is that if they integrity check export.lua, they should also check the integrity of all lua scripts called from that file.

For example if an wants to allow ACMI's to be recorded on their server, they should provide clients with an export.lua that has the Tacview dofile command in it, but also provide the tacview.lua export script. Then they should check the integrity of BOTH files.

Only checking export.lua would not be enough, as clients could still add another dofile command to their own tacview.lua scripts to execute other scripts. Hence it is vital to check the integrity of all lua scripts called from export.lua.
Old 5th April 2010, 01:48 AM   #54
TomAce
3 Sqn Member

3d models: I'm not real worried if we agree to have them or we don't, I tend to leave my game as stock as possible.

My main push will be to check the appropriate files so cheating can't happen, I'll leave this up to Grimes and Kuky.
Old 5th April 2010, 05:27 AM   #55
Kuky
3 Sqn Member

Breakshot/Case, we tried the 51st server today and say file integrity check message, I thought all view settings in cockpit were forced bu they weren't, for example I still had my HUD in mint green and default is green meaning Config/View/View.lua is not forced by the server or checked for integrity but I think it should because that's where you define in-cockpit zoom values in each aircraft.
Old 5th April 2010, 09:59 AM   #56
X-man
51st Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuky View Post
Breakshot/Case, we tried the 51st server today and say file integrity check message, I thought all view settings in cockpit were forced bu they weren't, for example I still had my HUD in mint green and default is green meaning Config/View/View.lua is not forced by the server or checked for integrity but I think it should because that's where you define in-cockpit zoom values in each aircraft.
Ok, so only the server.lua is enforced. That means 6DOF and how far back you can look but not zoom, HUD or position in the cockpit.

Jonas "X-man" Jarneborn, #34 of the 51st PVO Regiment
X-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 12:14 PM   #57
Kuky
3 Sqn Member

one more thing, seems this HUD colou value etc and even mission settings like scenery etc are (can be) all forced by the mission itself... I went into 104th and my HUD is green... I got to 51st and my HUD is mint green... neither of the two servers are checking for Config/View/View.lua but my HUD is different anyway... then Grimes and I tried making a stock A-10A COOP into 2person MP mission and I we both had weird things like advance hase seemed to be off and I had pixelated horizon, then Grimes read about some stuff in FC2.0 and seems even resolution is "Saved" when you make a mission depending on what settings you had when you made a mission.

When I made quick test A-10 mission myself (just an aircraft) everything was fine... I even re-saved the previous mission to different name and added new aircraft flight and same thing... but when I made new one it was all good...
Old 9th April 2010, 04:48 AM   #58
ruggbutt
3 Sqn Member

So those that haven't seen it know how Yoda's ECM ranging script works here's a couple vids made by Maximus:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szslo...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDGiI...layer_embedded

I don't want to start using and training using mods like this as it changes the way you'd play the game in an un-modded server. Seems to me that it's a workaround so that you don't have to put up with that pesky jamming strobe. Kinda like having a working radar when ED didn't intend for your radar to work. I went 13:3 in a server with people using these mods. I didn't feel like I was at a disadvantage, but then again 3Sqn has the best training and pilots so maybe what some consider cheats just don't affect us as they would some other guy who isn't as good as we are. Heck, Dubb and I went 2v5 in one of the popular servers a week before 2.0 and shot down 5. Some wore squadron tags...............Maybe I'm just too old school a gamer but IMHO I would rather practice to hone my madskillz rather than download them. Just my two cents.

All the cool LOMAC stuff
Old 9th April 2010, 08:05 AM   #59
Total

Range data from ECM?

While there are some pretty effective ECCM techniques, what's going on in that vid......

I'm gonna look deeper into this. As someone who spent six years of their life dedicated to the art of Electronic Warfare during the cold war, this isn't setting well with me.
Old 9th April 2010, 08:18 AM   #60
Kuky
3 Sqn Member

Bah, those two video's from Drac are crap... first he goes head on with jammer and he's getting range estimation (not to mention it starts estimating the moment you lock the signal)... wrong.... then second he fires 120 and its clear on his radar there's friendly right next to him skill aye

come on, lets get our server up and running... don't need this crap

Last edited by Kuky; 9th April 2010 at 08:20 AM.