1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31 1234
» Online Users: 25
0 members and 25 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 174, 12th November 2015 at 08:06 AM.
» Stats
Members: 146
Threads: 2,835
Top Poster: Cali (3,567)
Welcome to our newest member, boydyma
» Today's Birthdays
None

Old 9th April 2010, 11:03 AM   #61
Dracimus

Haha, That has nothing to do with my skill, it was just for a 100% demo to show how it works. Im not doing any tactics, just an demo on how mods works. again it's your own reference. You dont like it, leave as it as is. and I dont give a damn.

it's is up to 104th to make decesion to allow on server or not. again I dont give a damn if I am using it or NOT.
Dracimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2010, 04:37 PM   #62
Frostie
51st Members

This is a joke, copy and paste idea from Falcon.

The fact that the Su-27 Sorbitsya pod is a deception jammer, makes a mockery out of the idea of ECM range estimation.

A deception jammer will give false positions of the source to the radar, so to build a TMA (target motion analysis) picture from it, would be ridiculously hard.

Not so as we see here in LO, you can pretty much get an idea of range immediately.
Frostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2010, 04:56 PM   #63
Cali
3 Sqn Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostie View Post
This is a joke, copy and paste idea from Falcon.

The fact that the Su-27 Sorbitsya pod is a deception jammer, makes a mockery out of the idea of ECM range estimation.

A deception jammer will give false positions of the source to the radar, so to build a TMA (target motion analysis) picture from it, would be ridiculously hard.

Not so as we see here in LO, you can pretty much get an idea of range immediately.
This is one reason why 3Sqn server wont allow this mod when the server gets back up and running. I won't use it and if others do, then that's up to them and the server that allows it. Cause they are just opening the door for people who know how to hack to come right in.
Old 10th April 2010, 02:53 AM   #64
Kuky
3 Sqn Member

This is dividing the already small community... it's the plage that spreads quickly.. already see plenty of new guys I've never seen before downloading and using it
Kuky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2010, 03:37 AM   #65
Cali
3 Sqn Member

Well the 104th is allowing it, I hope they have awacs or ewr in their missions also.

Kuky, are they new guys or new names? Flew in the 104th the other night and a guy was kicking our butts in the 15. I got killed twice without a warning, one time I extended and went around a mountain, with no nails and then bam! dead by a 120. Wish tacview worked, so I could see it, don't want to go through the hassle of the workaround.

Do we have a up to date on what files are going to be checked?
Old 10th April 2010, 08:42 AM   #66
Kuky
3 Sqn Member

Don't know Cali, it's just that I see people on ED forums that I never saw (or noticed) before and lost of them are new to forums (can see from date registered)
Old 12th April 2010, 11:08 AM   #67
Case
51st Members

What integrity checks will you be running on the 3Sqn server? I saw exports were disabled when I joined this morning, but remember that this does not stop people from using LEAVU/ERI, which does not rely on exported data.
Old 12th April 2010, 11:30 AM   #68
Kuky
3 Sqn Member

Grimes wants to run it default first then later enable extra integrity checks
Old 12th April 2010, 05:56 PM   #69
Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by Case View Post
If the TWS slew along and ECM ranging are realistic (and I am very doubtful about the latter), then why was it not implemented by ED? It strikes me as odd that the people trying to push it through now, are primarily all beta testers...
ECM ranging is not realistic.

I am working with Yoda to realistically implement Passive Ranging.

Passive means your radar is off - no ECM will be seen or locked.

Now we're at that point of trying to figure how to interface it. Without having access to the different screens of the MFD, it's proving to be difficult. I know how the interface would work in an EA-6B, but not an F-15C...at least not yet lol!

For those wondering if Passive Ranging is realistic, it is. It was implemented into the F-15C and D variants back in the 1990's.
Old 12th April 2010, 06:13 PM   #70
Case
51st Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Total View Post
Passive means your radar is off - no ECM will be seen or locked.
Care to explain a bit more how this works? By radar off you mean it is not transmitting, only receiving?
Old 12th April 2010, 06:22 PM   #71
Total

No, it means it's OFF.

First lemme say that I devoted six years of my life to Electronic Warfare during the Cold War (back when EW was fun lol!) and then another 7 years to electronics resarch & development for fighter avionics.

With Passive Ranging, you intercept a hostile radar with the TEWS. The TEWS is a passive system. You fly a predefined arc-style patters while the onboard computer reads the bearing of the intercept each time it picks up a new radar hit from it.

If the hostile is holding a steady course, then the computer can triangulate a probable position on the contact. With airborne, fast-moving targets the margin of error increases, but you still will be able to get the general area.

The key is that you stay silent (aka passive - no radar, no ECM, nadda) You transmit ANYTHING and you are no longer passive.

The entire purpose of passive operations is to get positional data of a hostile contact while never emitting a single signal.

Remember, this is all done using data from the TEWS. No radar cursor, no ECM, nothing on that screen.

I am not one who will use LEAVU simply because it will cater to those who can afford more hardware than the average joe, but I HAD to offer my help in this case simply because something was implemented incorrectly and I can offer the assistance to get it in there the way it should be (aka - without being an exploit).
Old 12th April 2010, 08:28 PM   #72
Cali
3 Sqn Member

That is why so many people are against it. I also read some stuff on the passive stuff from a book about fighter pilot training here at Luke AFB. This guy had full access into one of the squads here on base and wrote a book about training F-16 pilots. The book is called ("Eye of the Viper, The making of an F-16 Pilot", by Peter Aleshire)
Old 12th April 2010, 08:52 PM   #73
Total

My biggest hang up right now is "where does the pilot tell the onboard computer to run a passive triangulation?"

My first guess would be via a menu selection on the MPCD.

I am totally unfamiliar with the MPCD on the F-15C. I know it has JTDS integrated which would probably be the local to select a TEWS LOB traingulation, but it needs to be reflected correctly.

Anyone have any info on the MPCD screens/functions in the ole bird?
Old 12th April 2010, 09:18 PM   #74
44th_GrayGhost

Actually MPCD functionality has been very very hard to come by. I have a small number of MPCD display examples, none of which relate to this topic.

BTW, the F-15 has had passive ranging since the 80's if the doc I have is to be believed, and it is specifically listed as one of the APG-63's ECCM modes. I'm sure SNIFF mode just might have something to do with it.
In theory there should be no difference between ranging one AO and another AO signal, though in practice at least you'd never really need to range an SPJ since it would be rather unlikely to jam your search mode to begin with ... but FC2 presents all aircraft with a range noise jammer - this constant AO signal can be ranged like any other AO signal (ie, we specifically a range, not noise, jammer).

I'll defer to you on the practicality of such a thing, but so far the APG-63 specifically has several ECCM modes listed for it including VGS/RGS/Improved RGS and Passive Ranging.

Tews ranges signals as well, but I don't know the mechanism - I only know that the BIT for TEWS includes messages like 'RANGE DATA INACURRATE' or something to that effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Total View Post
My biggest hang up right now is "where does the pilot tell the onboard computer to run a passive triangulation?"

My first guess would be via a menu selection on the MPCD.

I am totally unfamiliar with the MPCD on the F-15C. I know it has JTDS integrated which would probably be the local to select a TEWS LOB traingulation, but it needs to be reflected correctly.

Anyone have any info on the MPCD screens/functions in the ole bird?
44th_GrayGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2010, 02:14 PM   #75
ruggbutt
3 Sqn Member

We're testing Yoda's mod for possible inclusion with integrity checks. One thing, I'm getting a msvcr100.dll error when I start FC2. The game still fires and the mod still works but I don't know why I'd be getting that error. I backed up my Export folder and put the DLL into the System 32 folder.

Running Win7 Ultimate 64 bit.

All the cool LOMAC stuff
ruggbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2010, 02:35 PM   #76
=RvE=Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruggbutt View Post
We're testing Yoda's mod for possible inclusion with integrity checks. One thing, I'm getting a msvcr100.dll error when I start FC2. The game still fires and the mod still works but I don't know why I'd be getting that error. I backed up my Export folder and put the DLL into the System 32 folder.

Put the msvcr100.dll in sysWoW64 instead, it's a 32bit game/dll but
system32 is for exclusively 64bit libraries (confusing eh? =))

I rec waiting until version 2.1 is out before making any decision,
since eccm ranging will change/be removed.
=RvE=Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2010, 05:10 PM   #77
Cali
3 Sqn Member

Quote:

Your talking about the ERI mod and not LEAVU right?
Old 13th April 2010, 10:13 PM   #78
ruggbutt
3 Sqn Member

Yes, ERI mod, Cali. Yoda, thanks for the heads up.

All the cool LOMAC stuff
Old 14th April 2010, 06:57 AM   #79
ruggbutt
3 Sqn Member

Yoda, found a bug. Go TWS and hit Numpad 1. It goes to narrow scan mode and locks the cursor in the center of the radar screen.

All the cool LOMAC stuff
Old 14th April 2010, 05:47 PM   #80
=RvE=Yoda

Quote:
Yoda, found a bug. Go TWS and hit Numpad 1. It goes to narrow scan mode and locks the cursor in the center of the radar screen.
Not a bug, feature. Move nose up and down and point towards some targets :)
Preliminary implementation of the LBST of the F-15 (Long Range Bore Sight)

You can change the keybindings in the eri_radar.lua file.
=RvE=Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote